Wednesday, December 13, 2006

TOO OFTEN

The Valley of Vision is a collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions put out by Banner of Truth. I have been inspired by it to put some of my prayers and thoughts in written form. Here is my first offering. May it be a blessing to you.

TOO OFTEN
Ephesians 6:10-18

Too often Lord I take no stand against the wiles of the devil. Too often I do not wrestle against the powers of darkness, but give into their wicked ways. Instead of wearing Your armor I think I do not need it, or do not want it on.
I set aside Your belt of truth in favor of lies. I set aside the breastplate of righteousness, and put on wickedness. My feet do not go in the gospel, but walk away from it. The shield of faith is too often at my side, instead of being raised in defense against Satan’s darts and accusations. The helmet of salvation not found on my head, but cast aside. The sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, left in its sheath while I remain in defeat. Watchless and prayerless I stand in the fight.
Forgive me, Lord for my lack of fight. Strengthen me by Your Word and Spirit once again for the fight. Let me be strong in You Lord and the strength of Your might. Let me once again be one who stands, one who perseveres, and one who is bold in obedience and proclamation. Amen.

No comments: