Thursday, December 21, 2006

FELLOWSHIP

A devotional prayer based on 1 John 1

Lord God, I stand amazed again that You desire fellowship with me. So much so that You came among us in human flesh. To be heard by ears, beheld by eyes, and touched by hands. Real God in real human flesh. You did this for me to have a real relationship, real intimacy, real fellowship with You. I do not deserve to even be known by You, but You have made it so.

You desire for me to walk as one whose sins are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. To walk as a child of light. Strengthen me. Make me wise that my life would reflect my fellowship with You. O Lord, let me not be found a liar. Give me the grace to keep short account of my sin with You.

O God, draw to Your side those who think they have fellowship with You but walk in the darkness. There are many. Shed Your light on their deeds of darkness. Expose the gap between You and them. Bring them to confession of their sin and to swee fellowship with Your the God of Light. In Christ. Amen

No comments: