Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Testimony

I have been told today is Testimony Tuesday, and have been asked to share my testimony. So here it is.

I grew up Catholic, but did not really know much about the Bible. I knew some of the stories, and I knew who Jesus was. As I got older I grew in my sense of my own sinfulness but did not know what to do about it. It try to do things to stop sinning because I knew that it displeased God, but could not stop.

I went to college and met up with some people involved in Campus Crusade for Christ. One of them shared the Four Spiritual Laws booklet with me. It showed me from the Scriptures that my sin deserved death, and that Jesus Christ death on the cross on my behalf paid the penalty that I deserved. What I needed to do was to enbrace Jesus Christ by faith as the substitute for my sins, and then seek to live after him by the work of His spirit.

I became involved in Campus Crusade and grew in my faith. I eventually left the Catholic church because I saw that I was not getting what I needed to grow there, and that they had failed to teach me about salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. My works were never going to get me to heaven.

I thought about how to serve Jesus with my whole life. I thought I would be on staff with Campus Crusade. Of course, God had other plans. He worked His will and brought me to the place where I now serve as a minister of the God. How Great is Our God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you can learn thru a testimony! Brings to mind Prov. 16:9 -- Man plans his way in his heart, but the Lord directs his steps! My husband left the Catholic church. He said he never really felt catholic nor did he fully participate like his family did in communion and especially confession. Thanks for sharing!